division

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Mon Apr 5 09:49:26 PDT 1999

> Better we should be planning. Something might actually
> come of planning.

Planning for what? Kosovo poses questions the left (such as it is!) can't duck. I would much prefer to focus on class-based issues exclusive of ethnicity, but the fact remains that potentially very dangerous types of nationalism -- and very dangerous responses to such nationalism -- are resurgent the world around. The left wasn't prepared to deal with World War I and tore itself apart. This time, the left *must* do better.

Carl Remick