oil producing nations

Greg Boozell cantv at wwa.com
Mon Apr 5 10:35:30 PDT 1999

Can anyone define the relationship of the oil industry with Middle East oil producing nations. Recently it has been reported that OPEC countries have agreed to decrease production by 3% in order to raise oil prices. I assume that the oil industry is going to be a beneficiary of higher oil prices.

My questions are: Do the oil companies pay these countries more for oil? Are the energy resources in these countries nationalized? Or do the companies operate relatively independently within OPEC nations?

Thanks for any information on this.

Greg Boozell cantv at wwa.com