G Frank on NATO HYPOCRISY IN YUGOSLAVIA

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Apr 5 10:39:17 PDT 1999

Chris Burford wrote:

>This is merely describing the shift from an imperialist policy of
>appeasement of fascism to an imperialist policy of confronting fascism.

This is one of the more ridiculous things I've read all week, and you've given yourself lots of competition for the title. It neglects the role of imperialism in creating what you call "fascism" - the U.S., Germany, and the IMF have done everything they could to promote the breakup of Yugoslavia along ethnic lines, consciously and unconscioulsy. And it begs the question of what fascism is. If it means armed racism, then the U.S. and UK are the world's leading fascist powers, and have been for centuries. But I know you don't mean this, because for some reason you're under the delusion that Clinton & Blair are humanitarians.

Doug