Oakland-Berkeley Committees of Correspondence Statement Condemning NATO operations & ethnic clensing

Tue Apr 6 12:44:19 PDT 1999

Nathan,

Come on back to the C of C position on this.

Peace,

Charles

>>> "Nathan Newman" <nathan.newman at yale.edu> 04/06/99 02:24PM >>>
[Sent to me by comrade from my old CoC chapter in East Bay.]

Oakland/Berkeley chapter COMMITTEES OF CORRESPONDENCE 522 Valencia St. San Francisco, CA 94110 Phone: (510) 465-9914 ** Fax: (415) 863-5543 E-mail:cofc at igc.apc.org

The Oakland/Berkeley Committees of Correspondence on April 3, 1999 adopted the following resolution:

We strongly support Congresswoman Barbara Lee for her solitary vote against Clinton's bombing of Yugoslavia.

We strongly oppose U.S. and NATO's military action in Yugoslavia, which is an act of imperialist war.

The United States should always obey the UN Charter in regard to peaceful resolution of disputes.

We support seeking a peaceful resolution through the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, the 55-nation organization that has done successful peace-keeping work in this region.

We condemn all atrocities and all "ethnic cleansing" against every people in the Balkans, including Albanians, Serbs, Turks, Croats, Moslems, Kurds, and other peoples.

We condemn the U.S. Department of Defense and the President for going to war in violation of the U.S. Constitution in both Yugoslavia and Iraq.

Cc. to be sent to: Hon. Barbara Lee All other East Bay Congressmembers Senators Boxer and Feinstein National CoC