"Matrix" movie

Fri Apr 9 11:20:28 PDT 1999

Jacob's take is fascinating (Books of John and Matthew are the part of the Bible I read most seriously; my atheist father still says sending me to Sunday School for two years was the humiliating thing he ever did; his boss was a Christian big wig at that Church, so that's why we went, but he didn't promote him anyway). Tavia, your implicit criticism is accepted.

Something unrelated:

So the latest action out of Frankfurt makes for what--almost 80 rate cuts by almost 40 "Central" banks in the last two years? No wonder the US stock market is booming. So when Lawrence Big Boy Wonder Sumners moans: "The world economy can't fly on a sole American engine", it should occur to him that that decrepit engine is only working because of the turbo fuel injected into the system from the global slump. And then there's the real cheap fuel and other commodities that are making that engine hum, too.

Yours, Rakesh