NATO & Milosevich: Lovers' Quarrel?

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Sun Apr 11 12:28:04 PDT 1999

To another list Chris posted, some weeks ago:

> Let us therefore set the atrocity argument to one side, since every
> Leninist knows that terror may occasionally be a necessary element of the
> dictatorship of the proletariat.

It does not inspire confidence to hear that the only thing wrong with terror is its misapplication to the wrong people at the wrong time.

Which raises the issue of sentimentality. Your fellow Leninist Carroll disapproves of it, yet he bleats about "bad faith" and "immorality" on my part. Well, if sentiment is baggage and history is all, why such whining? The only definition of 'comrade' is someone who agrees with you. We are all duty-bound to be as ruthless as necessary in all our dealings. Tell lies about anybody and anything, the whole nine yards. I regret that this gives communism a bad name.

mbs [ from the Marxism-Mellow list]