genocide

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Mon Apr 12 10:44:41 PDT 1999

Doug,

These are all pretty terrible things -- they range from shabby to very nasty treatment. But which of these is evidence that the U.S. is attempting to exterminate Native Americans? I just finished an article on how the media are advertising a spurious "genocide" in Kosovo. It's pretty clear that the media are trying to pin the word genocide onto the Serbs for propaganda purposes. It's an abuse of the term when the mainstream media use it for Kosovo and it's an abuse of the term when activists use it for Indians.

seth