Clinton's WTO hypocrisy

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Mon Apr 12 10:53:17 PDT 1999

I wish to make an addendum/correction to my previous post on this topic. A column in by David Ignatius in this morning's Washington Post makes the point that it was not so much the Republicans in Congress that Clinton was afraid of as it was protectionist Democrats. And apparently the demands involved mostly textile industry protectionism, not so much the steel industry, which is much more hard hit right now, of course.

Guess Bill figures he owes those folks on impeachment. Ugh, a weakened president.... Barkley Rosser