thanx for nuthin'

rayrena rayrena at accesshub.net
Mon Apr 12 21:14:25 PDT 1999

Doug wrote:

>I saw that forwarded to another list yesterday, but when I went to Yahoo to
>check their Reuters feed, the story wasn't there. Same with Lycos. Is this
>some clever forgery, or are the wires deleting embarrassing stuff?

I pulled it from Monday's Newsday, where it appeared on page A3! It certainly is embarrassing enough to make un-happen. Or maybe the amazing Chris Lehmann, itching for another Baffler-style prank, wrote it himself and convinced his editors to run it. Or maybe it's just life imitating _Mother Courage_.

Eric Beck