Israel-Serbia Comparisons- Scrambling ideologies

Nathan Newman nathan.newman at yale.edu
Tue Apr 13 13:39:08 PDT 1999

-----Original Message----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com>

Nathan Newman quoted:
>the incredibly uneven and pro-Arab media coverage in
>Europe and the US
-Was this a fragment of a transmission from Planet Burford?

No, there is some kind of pro-Serb Israeli network of activists who have been cooresponding, a chunk of which I received from another list. I thought this post was the most interesting in capturing a set of analyses with which no one on this list would agree, pro-bombing, anti-bombing, pro-Israel, anti-Israel - a remarkable enough accomplishment to be interesting.

On the other hand, a large chunk of Arab sympathizers with the Kosovars might find the complete inverse of the analysis quite attractive.

--Nathan