Musical Interlude

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Apr 14 13:35:41 PDT 1999

Stay All Night (Stay A Little Longer) By Bob Wills & Tommy Duncan As performed by Willie Nelson on 1973 Atlantic Record, Shotgun Willie

Can't go home if you're going by the mill Cause the bridge' washed out at the bottom of the hill Big Creek's up, Little Creek's level, Plow my corn with a double shovel

Chorus Stay all night, stay a little longer Dance all night, dance a little longer Pull off your coat, throw it in the corner Don't see why you can't stay a little longer.

Sitting in the window, singing to my love Slop bucket fell from the window up above Mule and the grasshopper eatin ice cream mule got sick, so they laid him on the green

Chorus Stay all night, stay a little longer Dance all night, dance a little longer Pull off your coat, throw it in the corner Don't see why you can't stay a little longer.

You ought to see my Blue Eyed Sally She lives way down on Shinbone Alley Number on the gate, the number on the door The next house over is the grocery store.

Chorus Stay all night, stay a little longer Dance all night, dance a little longer Pull off your coat, throw it in the corner Don't see why you can't stay a little longer.

Grab your partner, pat her on the head If she don't like biscuits, feed her cornbread Girls around Big Creek, 'bout half grown Jump on a man like a dog on a bone