anti-miscegenation laws

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Thu Apr 15 12:37:26 PDT 1999

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Charles Brown wrote:

> The case name is _Loving vs. Virginia_, appropriately enough. 388
> U.S.1, 87 S.Ct. 1817, 18 L.Ed.2d 1010 (1967)

Heh, heh, I remember that now!

> Chief Justice Warren writing for the majority said " There can be
> no doubt that restricting the freedom to marry solely because of
> the racial classifications violates the central meaning of the
> Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment of the
> Constitution..."
>
> Charles Brown

Thanks Charles, I figured you'd probably know (I almost addressed this query to you). This was also the same year as Griswold, wasn't it? Busy year for the SC kicking the State out of people's marriages.

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com

If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution.

-Emma Goldman