French highdomes' statement (in english)

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Fri Apr 16 07:16:16 PDT 1999

Earlier this week I gave a tour of our learning center to 10 very attractive French University students and their professor. Before I gave out the pens and portfolios with the steelworkers logo on them, I asked the tadpoles if they had ever heard of Pierre Bourdieu. Silence, erupted in the room. Then I spelled Pierre name out for them and asked them to correct my pronuciation. Dumb looks and questioning whispers from the little frogies. I was then tempted to ask them about LePen or Bardot, but, I didn't.

Well, I gave the kids the pens and portfolios anyway, their professor twitched in the French manner and I went back to my business.

Probably, when they first came in I should have smooched the professor on both cheeks and announced Lafayette we are here.

Your email pal,

Tom L.