Serbian resistance capability.

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Fri Apr 16 10:57:37 PDT 1999

Greg,

I would say that your points in this post are well taken. So, I agree. We don't really know what would happen in the event of an actual ground force invasion some months from now, if one were to happen. I have been pounded on this matter here by a progressive anti-war friend who was in the military for a long time and claims that the latest US high-tech gizmos would zap the Yugoslav military like pathetic lambs, if the full force of the US military were to really get in there. Maybe.

However, I would note that the Serbian force in Krajina was not the regular Yugoslav military but an irregular Serbian militia. Any ground invasion would indeed be dealing with the actual Yugoslav military on its home turf---much better armed than those militias in Krajina, I imagine. So, we don't know.

But those who predict an easy victory should be cautious. After all, some of those (not all) were already predicting that air power would do the trick, duuuh.... Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: Greg Nowell <GN842 at CNSVAX.Albany.Edu> To: lbo talk <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Thursday, April 15, 1999 8:34 PM Subject: Serbian resistance capability.