rich and powerful mobilization

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sat Apr 17 16:27:55 PDT 1999

Smith, Wealth of Nations, I.x.c.27, p. 145 "People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the publick, or in some contrivance to raise prices. It is impossible to prevent such meetings, by any law which either could be executed, or would be consistent with liberty and justice. But though the law cannot hinder people of the same trade from assembling together, it ought to do nothing to facilitate such assemblies."

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu