ground troops

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Apr 18 11:58:01 PDT 1999

Speaking of ground troops, I have a question for our resident warriors, Field Marshal Burford and Brigadier General Newman: if humanitarian concerns were really at the forefront, wouldn't the "right" thing to do be to deploy a large contingent of soldiers rather than bomb empty police HQ, oil refineries, bridges, and refugee convoys? Don't you find something deeply cowardly and hypocritical about this whole approach, in which hundreds of immediate and thousands of long-term civilian deaths are deemed acceptable in order to spare American lives?

Doug