Realism in Eastern Europe and Yates Essay

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Sun Apr 18 18:35:21 PDT 1999

Dear Mike,

Yep. And that's only the tip of the iceberg. Also, I think you dropped a zero, should be at least 50,000. One whole corps of the Army of the Potomac was made up of and led by 1848ers. It was considered the most unlucky, if not inept corp in the Union Army. They probably spent a lot of time sitting around the campfire discussing the fine points of the surplus theory of value.:o) Although in all fairness it should be remembered that they were engaged in some of the hardest fighting in the uncivil war.

The Yates essay that is packged along with the eye-strain of Cultural Logic is pretty good. Mike as usual hits all of the sore spots.

I've always liked the old motto, give the people light and they will find their own way. I guess I've got a lot of faith in the average good common sense of people. If you give people the basic tools it's amazing what they can come up with---I see it every day!

Your email pal,

Tom L.