Big Dick (was: Query on 'irrational' US foreign policy)

Margaret mairead at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 19 13:24:24 PDT 1999

Wojtek wrote, responding to Frances...

>OK, I might be guilty of firing a few cheap shots - but how does that
>relate to "acting in a traditionally feminine way?" Besides, had she done
>that, it would have been even more nauseating.

Women get criticised in different ways depending on whether we're seen as acting within or outside of societal gender expectations. An example: women who want to draw societal support for staying with their kids are freeloaders, while those who resolutely go off to work aren't proper mothers.

(Yes, the same thing happens to men, only rather fewer ever step outside role expectations to begin with. Something to do with being thought queer, i expect.)

=margaret