Service Industry Unions

Jennifer A Young CLEANBYRD at prodigy.net
Mon Apr 19 19:11:48 PDT 1999

I was wondering why service industry unions, especially restaurants, are not more prevelent in the United States. I know there has been some success in San Francisco, but where else? It seems that since welfare reform is forcing people into these thankless positions there would be a good climate for unions. I would be interested in hearing comments about this, and would appreciate being steered toward some sources of information concerning service industry unions.

Jennifer Young