Net Present Value (finance spoddery)

DANIEL.DAVIES at flemings.com DANIEL.DAVIES at flemings.com
Tue Apr 20 11:05:38 PDT 1999

Depreciation shurely not a cash item, & thus irrelevant to a Net Present Value calculation? Although I must say that this "NPV over the first ten years" concept seems a bit strange to me. NPV is not a flow concept.

dd

)))))))))))))))

It sounds like the $11 mill refers to the net present value of in-go and out-go over the first ten years. To calculate this you need to know at least three things: the stream of income from the asset, the expenses associated with earning this income, and the depreciation of the asset. You have not supplied enough information to do the problem. You speak of two "blips", but you do not state the counter-factual to the blips -- the 'normal' in-go, out-go, and depreciation.

[snips]

If you're trying to replicate the company's number, you need to know how they depreciate, along with their numbers for in-go and out-go.

mbs

The recipient acknowledges that Flemings is unable to exercise control

over the content of information contained in transmissions made via the

Internet. Flemings hereby excludes any warranty as to the quality or

accuracy of any information contained in this message and any liability

of any kind for the information contained in it, or for its

transmission, reception, storage or use in any way whatsoever.