Service Industry Unions

MScoleman at aol.com MScoleman at aol.com
Tue Apr 20 21:40:23 PDT 1999

<< > Jennifer A Young wrote:

> >I was wondering why service industry unions, especially restaurants, are not

> >more prevelent in the United States. I know there has been some success in

> >San Francisco, but where else? >>

The large hotels and upscale chain restaurants in NYC are all unionized. In the 80s they went through a bit of internal shake up, and from what I hear they are relatively progressive these days -- providing housing funding to low wage employees, pretty good pensions, etc. maggie coleman mscoleman at aol.com