The People's Right to Bear Arms

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Thu Apr 22 07:17:48 PDT 1999

Jim heartfield wrote:

> In message <371DE6E7.2AA5 at ee.cornell.edu>, Enrique Diaz-Alvarez
> <enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu> writes
>
> > I also opppose
> >US sales of F-16 to other countries, even though it means that the US
> >will have a monopoly on advanced fighter weaponry.
>
> Some people in the world have good cause to regret the US monopoly over
> advanced fighter weaponry, but then I can see why you might not.

Why would that be, exactly?

> After
> all its much better when you can bomb a country but they can't bomb you.

So, you think US sales of F-16 are a good thing?

Confused,

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique