racist lyrics! ban them!

digloria at mindspring.com digloria at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 22 16:47:00 PDT 1999

accch i was wrong!!! chaz, i admit it these kmfdm lyrics, m harris's fave band, are horridly racist. evil. ugh! i don't know which one to highlight first. hmmm. ok, i'll go with, "sex, drugs, god, cash, America"

vile! evil!! people shouldn't listen to this stuff, it'll make them go out and shoot people. and ferpity'sake, the lyrics from 'the problem' just awful, to attribute freakness to something like social structural processes and heaven forbid they criticize a world which blames the individual for his/her freakness. these lyrics ought to be banned to man. disgusting. and, "dogma' charles, you'll *LOVE* dogma, it reminds me of everything you hate about the media

punk love, kelley

Sex, drugs, god, cash, America

We need something to kill the pain Of all that nothing inside We all just want to die a little bit We fear that pop-culture Is the only culture we're ever going to have We want to stop reading magazines Stop watching TV Stop caring about hollywood But we're addicted to the things we hate We don't run washington and no one really does Ask not what you can do for your country Ask what your country did to you

Sex, drugs, god, cash, America

The only reason you're still alive is because someone Has decided to let you live We owe so much money we're not broke we're broken We're so poor we can't even pay attention So what do you want You want to be famous and rich and happy But you're terrified you have nothing to offer this world Nothing to say and no way to say it But you can say it in three languages You are more than the sum of what you consume Desire is not an occupation You are alternately thrilled and desperate Skyhigh and fucked Let's stop praying for someone To save us and start saving ourselves Let's stop this and start over Let's go out - Let's keep going

Sex, drugs, god, cash, America

This is your life - This is your fucking life We need something to kill The pain of all that nothing inside Quit whining you haven't done Anything wrong because frankly You haven't done much of anything Someone's writing down your mistakes Someone's documenting your downfall --------------------------------------------

The Problem

There was a hearing The rules were broken by one Followed by another

The evidence was presented An overwhelming list of infractions

An overwhelming representation Of one's malajustment to the system The hearing was about him About his attitude About his behavior

He is, he represents No, he embodies the problem If he is expelled, the problem Will go away

Responsibility Relationship Mutuality Our solution

A person with a problem I believe there's no such thing As a person with a problem If there is a problem it's a problem with the system The system of home and family Of school and community

He is not in this alone He is not the problem

A reflection of the system A mirror image of ourselves and our work

We acknowledge not all kids fit Our ancillary design And when they don't fit They become the problem

The problem Expel the problem Make it go away Expel the problem Make it go away, make it go away Make it go away

http://www.kmfdm.net/

“touch yourself and you will know that i exist.” ~luce irigaray