The People's Right to Bear Arms

Rkmickey at aol.com Rkmickey at aol.com
Thu Apr 22 20:52:51 PDT 1999

Jim heartfield <jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Arms training, by contrast, instils people with a sense of
>responsibility and respect for other people. If the politicians were not
>so distant from the real effects of weapons, they would be less blase
>about using them.

Both Hitler and Mussolini were extensively trained in arms during the Great War. This training did not, as far as I can tell, deter them from the use of arms for even one minute. Nor was Winston Churchill, who trained at Sandhurst and experienced war as a soldier and a journalist, ever particularly noted as a politician who shied away from the use of arms.

K.Mickey