race & murder

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Apr 23 08:40:33 PDT 1999

kirsten neilsen quoted:

>Eric Harris, by contrast, was described as
>bubbly and effervescent. He was a fierce
>proponent of Nazi principles, though curiously,
>Harrison insisted, not its racist elements. He
>reportedly interacted well with the handful of
>minority students at Columbine High School,
>and no one could recall him making any of the
>racist outbursts attributed to Klebold.

I don't think you can refute attributions of racism by showing good interpersonal relations with members of persecuted groups. The racist idea exists apart from/prior to any individual manifestations - racists attribute characteristics to the entire group. That's why the "some of my best friends are ____" defense is so ludicrous.

Doug