Seattle

Lisa & Ian Murray seamus at accessone.com
Fri Apr 23 16:02:28 PDT 1999

Dennis wrote

Note that the anti-free trade thing is
> closely tied to the anti-NAFTA struggle;

This is precisely the language we need to move beyond. Refuse to see it as pro/anti--all trade has costs. The "argument" needs to be cast in terms of sustainable trade with complementary not predatory financial institutions or Finance driven ecotoxicity with massive human and animal suffering. Ecology or elites; the choice is ours and it will be far tougher than the decision to use bombs, for it will set the stage for trade in the 21st century. This is the last trade summit of consequence in the 20th. We need a GREEN finance that allows evolvability to the next generation. The best defense is a good offense...

Ian Murray Seattle, WA