suicide note

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sun Apr 25 09:37:51 PDT 1999

[I enjoyed /dave/'s analysis and I learned things. But the current view is that the suicide note was a fake.]

Police say threatening e-mail probably wasn't sent by gunman

Copyright © 1999 Nando Media

Copyright © 1999Associated Press

By KATHERINE VOGT

LITTLETON, Colo. (April 24, 1999 6:29 p.m. EDT

http://www.nandotimes.com) - Police on Saturday discounted what had

appeared to be the suicide note of a teenage gunman - a note that

dripped with anger at the world and a threat of more violence to come.

The note was contained in an e-mail that was received by police

Thursday or Friday, days after two gunmen turned Columbine High School

into a killing ground. At first, authorities said they took it

seriously.

But later, Jefferson County sheriff's spokesman Steve Davis retreated.

"There is very little reason to believe that either one of them" -

Eric Harris, whose name was on the message, or Dylan Klebold - "had

anything to do with sending that e-mail," he said.

The purported suicide note blamed parents, teachers and students for

the massacre, and suggested that more violence could be forthcoming on

April 26. By way of explanation, it offered the word "12Skizto," which

authorities said came from a song by the group Insane Clown Posse.

Harris and Kelbold killed 12 students and one teacher before shooting

themselves Tuesday.