Arms training.

S Pawlett epawlett at uniserve.com
Mon Apr 26 23:10:34 PDT 1999

> GN: Yet the Swiss and the Israelis are armed to the
> teeth and I don't think we have many instances of the
> Swiss going beserk. There was I think a beserker
> Israeli who took out a bunch of Arabs a few years ago
> but generally such activity is organized by the state.

That would be Baruch Goldstein. He walked into that famous mosque in Hebron (forget the name) with an UZI and started blazing away at Palestinians who were praying, killing 14 I believe, before he was shot himself. He was not a "berserker" (unless you want to call all the settlers berserkers), but a follower of Kahane and a militant settler in Hebron. The Hebron settlers erected a statue in his honor that stands today. There are many others like him.

Sam Pawlett