Arms training.

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Tue Apr 27 10:44:35 PDT 1999

That mosque in Hebron is probably the second most contested piece of real estate on the face of the earth, after the Temple Mount, aka Haram es Sharif, in Jerusalem, where Judaism's most sacred site (the Western or Wailing Wall) stands just below Islam's third most sacred site, the Dome of the Rock and the al-Aqsa Mosque.

"That mosque" in Hebron is over the Tomb of the Patriarchs in the Cave of Machpelah. It contains the tombs of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (aka "Israel") and their wives, except for Rachel. Both the modern Jews and modern Arabs claim descent from Abraham and this site is arguably the original claim to property by either group in that area of the world. Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: S Pawlett <epawlett at uniserve.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Tuesday, April 27, 1999 2:27 AM Subject: Re: Arms training.