New light on NATO motives?

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Thu Apr 29 09:51:30 PDT 1999

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Enrique Diaz-Alvarez wrote:
>
> >Is the desire to show the
> >entire world what happens when you give Clinton the finger _that_
> >strong?
>
> That's a rhetorical question, right?

Well, no. I mean, playing Nintendo from 15,000 feet is one thing, but actually occupying a country with a history of making things really hard for occupiers is different.

A good explanation is that NATO wanted to play Nintendo no matter what and teach the dirty Serbs who's boss, so the agreement was intentionally made unacceptable to them. I don't see how anybody with half a brain can conclude otherwise after reading Ch. 8, App. B, Art. B of the Rambouillet "agreement". Max, feel free to correct me.

Does anybody know where the full content of the R. "agreement" may be found?

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique