New light on NATO motives?

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Thu Apr 29 13:42:14 PDT 1999

Just for the record, US administration spokespersons are claiming that those sections of the Rambouillet Accords allowing general access to all of Yugoslavia were for the purpose of insuring that NATO troops could cross other parts of Yugoslavia to get to Kosovo-Metohija without any obstruction. I would certainly agree, however, that it is very easy to conclude that this is not what it is really about, although I am skeptical that the US really had (or has) any interest in occupying Serbia itself. I think this is more a matter of incompetence in writing the Accord and then insisting on its acceptance without any further negotiation than some secret desire to occupy all of Yugoslavia. Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: Enrique Diaz-Alvarez <enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Thursday, April 29, 1999 2:52 PM Subject: Re: New light on NATO motives?