LBO #90

Peter Kilander peterk at enteract.com
Mon Aug 2 18:59:33 PDT 1999

I received mine last week and it was worth the wait. I spotted an error, though. Heather Boushey writes: "Time has past since Clinton's signing of the cleverly named Personal Responsibility Act (PRA) ..." Actually, the thing's called "The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act" which is odd seeing as how it has little to do with reconciling work opportunity and personal responsility and much to do with supplying cheap, pliant labor and scapegoating the unfortunate.