doing the twelve step

kelley colleen kelley_colleen at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 3 07:54:47 PDT 1999

rakesh writes,

>behavior or personality trait is first given a clinical name. This
>establishes its supposed scientific legitimacy. It also reifies the
>condition, that is, makes it sound like it is a single entity, arising from
>a single cause.

'hi, my name is bill and i'm a sex addict. i been one all my life. some say i may be a barbecued ribs addict, but i don't know--not jiss yet anyhow. more therapy might jiss uncover whether any ribs were involved or not. though grannie did used ta scare up some mighty fine ribs."

"hillary! hillary! will you campaign at 12 step groups now? were you his enabler or co-dependent? hillary! are you in a 12 step group for co-dependents or for enablers? hillary, do you have a 12 step program for new york state? a twelve step program for the schools? hillary, do you think prostitutes are sex addicts? maybe a 12 step program for prostitutes, sex addicts, pimps, homeless, panhandlers? what about monica? is she a sex addict? hillary, monica just flipped her s.u.v. do you think there some relationship there between s.u.v. addiction and sex addiction?"