Bill As Gotti

CounterPunch sitka at teleport.com
Tue Aug 3 10:04:17 PDT 1999

[the latest from newsmax.com]

Monday August 2, 10:25 PM

Gennifer Flowers: 'Clinton is a Murderer'

Gennifer Flowers broke one of the most powerful of all media taboos Monday

night when she unequivocally called her former lover, the President of the

United States, a murderer.

The most famous of all pre-presidential Clinton paramours also insisted that

had she not protected herself by going public with her story of a twelve-year

affair with the then-Arkansas Governor, she would have been killed.

Appearing on CNBC's "Hardball" to discuss Hillary Clinton's bombshell Talk

magazine interview about her husband's philandering, Flowers was asked by host

Chris Matthews if she thought Mrs. Clinton's renewed victim status would help

her win the New York Senate race.

FLOWERS: Well, in the first place I hope that she does not succeed at becoming

a United States Senator from New York. I think that would be a travesty. We've

had enough of these people; these criminals, these liars, these murderers. We

need to get them out of political office, please.

MATTHEWS: Murderers?

FLOWERS: Well, there is a Clinton death list. If anyone would like to go to my

website and take a look at it...

MATTHEWS: Well, we have your website here - www.genniferflowers.com. But what

will they find if they go there in terms of murder? I didn't know that one.

FLOWERS: Well, there are a number of deaths associated with Bill Clinton and

his administration and his operatives. I would just suggest that they go on

and take a look at it.

MATTHEWS: Do you believe that the President ordered the killing of anyone?

FLOWERS: I believe that he did. And I believe that I wouldn't be sitting here

talking with you today had I not become high profile as I did. Even though I

didn't do it on purpose, it saved my life.

Matthews challenged Flowers to cite "one hard case" of Clinton ordering a

murder. Flowers named Luther "Jerry" Parks, the onetime chief of campaign

security in 1992 who was gunned down execution style nine months after Clinton

entered the White House.

Parks' wife Jane and son Gary claim that he was building a dossier on

Clinton's private life, which was stolen shortly before his murder. Gary Parks

has told reporters, "I believe my father was killed to protect Bill Clinton's

political career."

Matthews continued to press Flowers for evidence:

MATTHEWS: But you don't know if there's any connection [to Bill Clinton].

FLOWERS: I didn't hear Bill Clinton get on the phone and call and place the

order to have this man killed.

MATTHEWS: But, you know - you sort of need evidence like that to accuse even

this guy, a guy you don't like perhaps, of murder, don't you?

FLOWERS: Well, I think if it looks like a chicken and walks like a chicken -

perhaps it's a chicken. I mean, c'mon. All of these things are just not a

coincidence.

MATTHEWS: Perhaps.

Monday August 2, 12:38 PM

Hillary and Bill: The 'Good Years'?

Mrs. Clinton's blockbuster interview in the debut issue of Talk magazine" is

garnering big headlines, mainly because she has broached a subject - her

husband's long track record of philandering - that everyone assumed she'd do

anything to avoid.

But in her new candor, Mrs. Clinton betrays at least one major blind spot,

which could mean either that Hillary is hopelessly gullible - or perhaps,

hopelessly deceitful.

"You know, we did have a very good stretch -- years and years of nothing.... I

thought this was resolved 10 years ago," claims Hillary.

Really? Does the First Lady, at this late date, truly believe that her husband

had been faithful to her during the period between his affair with Gennifer

Flowers and his Oval Office frolic with Monica?

In fact, the ten good years Hillary thought she had with her husband

represents a timeline that is littered with allegations about Clinton's sexual

shenanigans.

Just six weeks ago, the Washington Post's Bob Woodward reported that even

Clinton's sex lawyer Robert Bennett did not accept his denial that he cheated

on Hillary right up to the day they moved to Washington in 1993.

"Mr. President, I find your explanation about one of the women frankly

unbelievable," Bennett reportedly told Clinton. "It would be better to have to

deal with the First Lady if there is a problem."

The "problem's" name was Marilyn Jo Jenkins, a Jane Doe uncovered in the Paula

Jones lawsuit, whom Clinton had known for more than a decade. Between

Clinton's election and inauguration, Jenkins had been ferried into the

Governor's mansion on at least four occasions Three of the meetings took place

before sunrise. Phone records showed that Clinton had called Jenkins at home

or at work no fewer than 59 times in a 24-month period.

Even trooper Danny Ferguson, Clinton's co-defendant in the Jones suit and a

generally friendly witness for the president, admitted under oath to his role

in escorting Jenkins inside the Governor's mansion. In one instance Ferguson

said he stood outside the room where Clinton and Jenkins were going at it,

lest little Chelsea wake up early and stumble upon the scene.

Perhaps if it was just Marilyn Jo Jenkins, Hillary could be forgiven for the

oversight. But according to Secret Service testimony, Clinton was carrying on

inside the White House with up to six women.

Leading candidates include damage controller Marsha Scott, who, according to

longtime Clinton supporter and former White House personnel director David

Watkins, admitted she slept with Clinton at least once while Hillary was out

of town.

Then there's Debra Schiff, the pert stewardess aboard Clinton's 1992 campaign

plane who later got the plum job of West Wing receptionist. An amature video

broadcast by ABC News last year shows Clinton and Schiff stuffed together in

the plane's jumpseat. After Clinton fondles her knee, Schiff responds with an

affectionate squeeze of the candidate's arm.

The New York Times later reported that an unnamed West Wing receptionist had

unprecedented Oval Office access, second only to that of the First Lady and

Vice President. White House steward Mike McGrath has told reporters that

Schiff once locked him into a pantry so she and Clinton could enjoy a private

20 minutes together.

In fact, one of Linda Tripp's tapes reveals a jealous Monica Lewinsky

complaining about at least three other White House women she knew shared her

boyfriend's affections. According to Lewinsky, Clinton admitted that

"hundreds" of women had preceded her. (Again though, all of them prior to

1989, if Hillary is to be believed.)

And of course, Bill Clinton's attempt to persuade Paula Jones to "kiss it"

transpired on May 8, 1991, a mere eight years ago. That's a tad short of

Hillary's golden ten years of marital fidelity. Or is Mrs. Clinton counting

only women who willingly complied with her husband's sexual demands?

If so, it's a good thing. Because otherwise she might have to address Kathleen

Willey's claim that her husband sexually assaulted her in 1993. Or flight

attendant Cristy Zercher's account of an unwanted 1992 airbourne encounter

with the then-candidate, who fondled a stunned Zercher's breasts as Hillary

slept just feet away.

Worse still, there's this still mostly unexplored account of a near Oval

Office rape from an anonymous woman who called Newsweek reporter Michael

Isikoff after he unearthed Kathleen Willey. Here's how Isikoff described it

for his recent best seller, Uncovering Clinton:

"She had gone to see [Clinton] and he had taken her into the hideaway office -

the same one described in my [Willey] article. They chatted. Clinton started

getting physical, trying to kiss her, touching her breasts. The woman said she

was stunned.... 'I've never had a man take advantage of me like that.' As

Clinton pressed himself on her, she said, she resisted and finally pushed him

away...Clinton turned away, she said.... 'I think he finished the job

himself'."

Plainly, now that Mrs. Clinton has started talking about her husband's

womanizing, there are a few more questions that need answering.

___________________________________________________________ ARE YOU A FREELANCE WRITER? Then you should be a member of the NATIONAL WRITERS UNION! The only labor union committed to improving the economic and working conditions of all freelance writers. For more information visit our web site <http://www.nwu.org>, call (212) 254-0279, or email <nwu at nwu.org>.