back to 1835!

Tom Lehman uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu
Wed Aug 4 08:56:42 PDT 1999

The devil in this whole deal is going to be in the details---the mechanics of how it is going to done.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/990804/sz.html

Comparing 1835 to today would be a pretty tough nut to crack! Not too many people really have a handle on the economic power struggles of the 1830's---I sure as hell don't and I don't think in all honesty even the experts do. The whole power struggle between Andrew Jackson and the Bank of the United States known as the "BUS" and other issues of the time like tariff nullification, removal of the American Indians and as Doug has pointed out the "internal improvements" mania all made for a very fluid and hard to understand in retrospect politics with political sides being changed all of the time by the players.

Tom