Direct Action

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Aug 4 09:30:23 PDT 1999

curtiss_leung at ibi.com wrote:

> Doug writes to let us know:
>
> > For an image from Woodstock 99, linked to by today's Suck, see
> > http://www.ohio.com/justgo/woodstock/photogallery/photos/theaftermath
> > /0013.jpg>.
>
> ...and to think there are those who say today's youth lacks
> initiative...

As a counterbalance to the inspiring image of trashing an ATM (oh yeah, I know it was for all the wrong reasons, it wasn't an attack on the commodity or money forms, etc. etc., but seeing a bank robbed appeals to the anarchist in me), I read a first-hand report of the rapes at Woodstock 99. Truly horrifying stuff, and apparently worse even than the media have reported.

Doug