Brown Stuff

W. Kiernan WKiernan at concentric.net
Thu Aug 5 16:25:41 PDT 1999

Michael Perelman wrote:

> Yes, I know that some food is exported, however the US is a net food
> importer today in value terms, I believe.

You're kidding, the U.S. actually imports food? I can hardly believe it, that's awful, what else do we export besides microprocessors, dumb TV shows and bad movies, and weapons? Or by that did you mean that, like, the U.S. imports petroleum, etc., which is then used in agriculture, so including all the material inputs to agriculture we end up a net importer?

Yours WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net