Wages and Panic Buttons

Tom Lehman uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu
Fri Aug 6 06:29:41 PDT 1999

Stop at a gas station to get air for your tires in a minority neighborhood it will cost you 50 cents---go to a white neighborhood air for your tires will be free! I believe the economic term is price discrimination. I think this accounts for a lot of what goes on in Latin America---a small mostly white European minority of rich and super-rich lord it over the indianos, mestizos and zambos of "their" country.

As far as manufacturing wages go, I'm sure that most of the people on this list could study what happens to a product from the time it leaves it's place of manufacure to the time it reaches the end user. The inflation is in the service industry pipeline; the sector with the low wage no-benefit jobs! This is the non-productive sector of the economy.

Tom Lehman