Fwd: BULLETIN! TIGER HEDGE FUND PROBLEMS MUCH BIGGER THAN WE THOUGHT!!!!!!!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Aug 6 10:13:02 PDT 1999

[This may be true, or it may be a phantasm of the fevered fringe. Murphy is the Gold Antitrust Action <http://www.gata.org> founder. The WSJ did run a story today on the extremes in swap spreads, which is a symptom of credit market anxiety and/or stress.]

Le Metropole members,

We have just received word from a reliable source that the renowned hedge fund, Tiger, is in deep, deep trouble and in even worse shape that we have been reporting to you.

The latest news is they are about to be hit with a $6 billion dollar redemption. At best, that will mean their capital base will have dropped from $22 billion to $6 billion - and perhaps it could be lower. In addition we have been told that 50% the staff has left.

If true, and our source is impeccable, it can explain why the swamp spreads are at such high levels - which indicates that there is tremendous stress in the credit system.

It explains why there is do much talk ( even in the Wall Street Journal ) about Goldman Sachs, Chase and other banks having some big problems.

Today, the bank index is tanking and is down 2% at the moment. The index broke 800 and is down 16 points on the day. It expains why financial stocks are reeling.

This new revelation most likely means what we have been telling you about the emergency Fed meeting, the hush hush banking meeting in Philadelphia, and the borrowing hundreds of tonnes of gold by Tiger and its bankers is also most likely all true.

It also can explain the strange Bank of England sale. I will have more this later, but there was a front page story in the Guardian in London today that nows says the Bank of England Governor, has contradicted himself about the sale.

And the Bank of England did not deny it.

Friday August 6 - London- Reuters:

"A spokesman for the Bank of England had no immediate comment, other than to say the story CONTRADICTED PUBLIC STATEMENTS by George in evidence to the committee on May 25."

Any of most importance to us, it can further explain the mainipulation of the gold market and it makes a mockery out of the British and American governments. This is collusion and conspiracy at its finest.

It can explain why the price of gold will not rise when all the news is bullish for gold. Today, the the stats in the U.S employment report were very inflationary as 100,000 more new jobs were created than expected and average hourly earnings were much higher than expected as they rose $.06.

But gold never rises on bullish news. It can't rise because Peter Fisher of N.Y. Fed and his "Hannibal Lechter" bullion bankers are sitting all over the gold market in "cabal" fashion.

This is an outrage of the the highest order and is surely going to bring on one of the great financial scandals in American history.

Why do you think Bank of England Governor is running away from the BOE sale and not denying the kind of story that came out in the Guardian this morning?

Stay tuned. Much more to come

All the best,

Bill Murphy Le Patron www.lemetropolecafe.com