Darwin

Fri Aug 6 13:28:45 PDT 1999

>>> Rob Schaap <rws at comserver.canberra.edu.au> 08/06/99 01:02AM >>>
Sez Chas:

>Charles: How about revolutionary biology ?

Sez Chuck:

>Come on guys. Evolution doesn't need shit from god. If Lacan thinks
>so, he is out of his tree. Or in a more academic tone, could you
>please explain how god is required as a prerequisite to evolution?

And, for that matter, what it is about evolutionary biology that logically opposes revolutionary biology? A dialectician would see these as two sides of the same process, no?

Charles: Yes, I tried to indicate this. "Revolution" implies evolution turning into revolution, so revolutionary biology includes evolutionary biology and more. Revolutionary biology is Darwinism-plus.

And I'm even more with Sam - skepticism is a healthy prerequisite. Taken to the point of all denial of human capacity to understand itself and the cosmos that spawned it, it is a highly infectious disease.

(((((((((

Charles: Yes, what we need is critical thinking, a sublation of skepticism.

Charles Brown