Nietzsche and stuff

rc-am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Sat Aug 7 17:26:15 PDT 1999

doug wrote:

> But you're reading him backwards, through them.

miles,

remind me of when either butler or zizek claimed their stuff was original. and, more specifically, i think you couldn't actually have read much zizek, since he consistently declaims against 'postmodernism'. but doug's point still stands: you can't read nietzsche now without bouncing his work through (what perhaps is still a fantastic) reading of butler and zizek, or some imagined 'postmodernism'. in any case, zizek is not a nihilist -- far from it.

Angela _________