Paleoconservatism

Rkmickey at aol.com Rkmickey at aol.com
Sat Aug 7 19:32:43 PDT 1999

Michael Pollak wrote:

>But now I see, in the
>newest New Left Review, that Dan Lazare (in his reply to Michael Lind)
>refers to a school of thought calling itself paleoconservatism, as if were
>simply a term of self-description.

I think that the term "paleoconservatism" originated shorly after the term "neoconservatism" and referred to those who had long been conservative and who tended, unlike most of the neocons, to be Christians, most often Catholics. But I don't remember who coined the term or if it began as a jibe or simply as a description.

K.M.