abortion

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Thu Aug 12 08:15:54 PDT 1999

Hey Max, I'm actually a member of the Labor Party and even part of a little internal economic thinktank we've got going in the NY chapter. So even though I think their position on abortion sucks, I'm not trashing anything.

And from what I hear, the LP took its wimpy position on abortion mainly to placate the head of the Farm Labor Organizing Committee, who is personally very religious. Doug

Splendid. Now if we could just get Rakesh we could keep everyone confused all the time.

Re: the FLOC, don't you think its leader is probably reflective of its membership? He's probably their spiritual leader, not just their labor leader. And even granting your point, would it have been, or be, better to adopt the pro forma position and take a chance on them all walking?

mbs