American Studies

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Aug 13 09:35:25 PDT 1999

he's somewhat more radical than
>social-democracy.

So Max, which tradition of radical social democracy does "our nig" represent--the German war credit voting one or the Mitterand austerity imposing one? Yours, Rakesh

I'd be surprized if he adhered to either.

Although there are some screwed-up racial notes in Bulworth, as Gary Wills elaborates in a review for the NY Reviw of Books, there is more radical politics in it than in most any recent U.S. commercial movie I can think of, excepting those of John Sayles. I grant that that is a low standard, but what the hey.

mbs