Paleoconservatism

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Fri Aug 13 14:18:30 PDT 1999

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Charles Brown wrote:

> What great works of art have recently caused some people
> to move toward effectively changing the world ?

Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner"; Hendrix's late Sixties trilogy; pretty much everything Toni Morrison has ever written; Heiner Mueller's plays; Jan Svankmajer's animation classics; etc. etc. etc. Actually, it's hard to find great works of art nowadays which are *not* deeply and openly politicized (Thomas Pynchon may come close, but there are Silicon Valley tweaks in his stuff, too).

But, of course, my definition of politics is heavily tilted towards the cultural, anyway.

-- Dennis