gentrification, pokemon, fathers/mothers and lost boys

Rob Schaap rws at comserver.canberra.edu.au
Sun Aug 15 00:39:18 PDT 1999

Doug wrote:

>>I liked it, but it was very wet and many of the people were
>>astoundingly laid back. The waiter at the hipster art gallery/cafe
>>practically knelt while he intoned the evening's specials.

You're ready for Tassie now, Doug! Not too many hipster art gallery/cafes around, but plenty of convivial sleepiness and a go-slow mentality that gets rid of wrinkles faster than creams that cost no less than the air fare - see ya soon! Hobart has a nice flat mountain, lots of deep water, and a heap of gentrification around the town centre too - a sorta Vancouverette.

Kelley writes:

>is pokemon all the rage everywhere else--rest of u.s.? other
>countries? whathehell.

Those creepy little Pokemons have captured my six-year-old. So much so he drew less than a dozen Mustangs and Spitfires this morning. It's a worry, as I've bought him a hugely expensive book full of piston-engined WW2 aircraft for a birthday still six weeks away ...

Back to 't' mill. Rob.