KvH Gettin' Jiggly Wiv It at Talk Soirée

CounterPunch sitka at teleport.com
Sun Aug 15 11:29:08 PDT 1999

[This from Ken McCarthy's Brasscheck...jsc]

The idea of picketing the Nation sounds better and better...

It's interesting that while the mainstream press has been uncharacterstically fair and open minded in reporting the story, the Nation came out against KPFA (Yes, Cockburn was given a chance to reply, but the publication's official stand, by presenting this mugging as a legitimate dispute, is clearly pro-Berry.)

I guess huge warning bells should have gone off when Katrina vanden Heuvel became editor as part of a major financial restructuring of the mag. Afterall, what is the Nation? A serious publication or an employment agency for the rich and underqualified? It's hard to be both as recent events are revealing.

(The only thing I've read about Katrina's post-Princeton accomplishments is that the dress she wore at the recent Tina Brown TALK magazine launch "showed off her tatoo and ass*" Source: The New York Observer August 6, 1999 page 1.)

* I assume these are two different locations, but it's not clear from the text.

___________________________________________________________ ARE YOU A FREELANCE WRITER? Then you should be a member of the NATIONAL WRITERS UNION! The only labor union committed to improving the economic and working conditions of all freelance writers. For more information visit our web site <http://www.nwu.org>, call (212) 254-0279, or email <nwu at nwu.org>.