Another good welfare story from West Virginny or gentrification in the hills...

Tom Lehman uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu
Mon Aug 16 12:27:07 PDT 1999

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/dream0815.html

I remember Scott Depot and other places in Putnam County before it became, shall we say fashionable. One interesting thing I remember seeing in Putnam county years ago was one of the more asthetic minded Putnamites had some real live mountain goats running loose on his property near the four lane a/k/a the interstate. The mountain goats would bound up and down the mountainside giving the area an almost heaven feel to the place. I've always felt the state of WV should import some varities of wild mountain goats like big horn sheep etc.