The Magic Kingdom

Eric Beck rayrena at accesshub.net
Mon Aug 16 16:48:31 PDT 1999

Carl Remick wrote:

>I'm not a big fan of Disney as a corporation, as earlier e-mails have
>indicated, but I certainly have sympathy for those ensnared in its
>employ. There was an article in today's Wall Street Journal about
>Disney's cutback in capital spending that gives some insight into what
>it must be like to work at the Fun Factory -- an environment insiders
>once dubbed "Mouseschwitz." States the WSJ: "[Disney Chairman Michael
>Eisner says that his recent reorganizations] ... and some attrition,
>have swept out a number of 'drifting-along kind of executives who are at
>the midlife-crisis level.' He has instead elevated a fiercer breed of
>executive who 'remains in the (game of) musical chairs and finds a seat.
>That's the person that I think is important to the company.'"

Man, Eisner is a genius. One of his brightest moves has been to bring culture to his rescue. The Southern Baptists and other religious groups get furious at him for "promoting homosexuality," (in the form of Ellen and Chasing Amy) so he speaks up for tolerance and diversity and the like, even goes onto 60 Minutes to do it. And of course lots of pwogs and various cult studs rush to his side, hailing his bravery and writing furious letters in support of openness and understanding. I mean, the Southern Baptists offered boycotting one of the most evil companies in the world, a company that treats its employees like shit and profits from the sweat of three-fingered, hunch-backed nine-year-olds all over the globe, and the left fought *against* that boycott. Anyone who can pull that off is due for corporate canonization.

Eric