Anarchism / Marxism debates

Wed Aug 18 10:32:04 PDT 1999

>>> Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> 08/18/99 12:15PM >>
I wonder if I'm too old to sell out. Maybe I'd get a nice A-hed story in the Wall Street Journal for doing so at least. "Leftist author repents/Feverishly patches bulletholes in street sign, camps out in front of 85 Broad, begging for work."

Charles: In the history of revolutionaries and Marxists, I bet most or at least as many as not, sellout, to one degree or another. This contributes to a paradox of objective "elitism" imposed on revolutionaries against their wishes. Of course, we want a mass party, but Lenin never promised us a rose garden, and many (most) drop out.

Charles Brown